Thurdsday 3rd of September, 14.00 - 15.45.
This special session will aim at promoting a collective and interdisciplinary reflection on how standards are constructed and adopted in evaluation processes and on their implications for the outcome of evaluation and the behaviour of actors. The session will move from some recent documents on standards like the Leiden Manifesto, recently published by Nature, and the Independent review of the role of metrics in research evaluation commissionned by the Higher Education Funding Council for England.
The panel will be introduced by keynote speech on Standards as socio-organizational constructions by David Seidl, University of Zurich.
Chair: Paul Wouters, CWTS, University of Leiden.
- Steven Hill, Higher Education Founding Council for England.
- Jordi Molas-Gallart, INGENIO, CSIC and Polytechnic University of Valencia.
- David Seidl, Chair of Organization and Management, University of Zurich.
- Flaminio Squazzoni, Department of Economics and Management, University of Brescia.
- Klaus Zinöcker, FTEVAL and Austrian Science Fund.